The Robototes are proud to announce their 2020 Summer Camp! This year, we will be hosting two camps: a morning session for incoming 3rd through 5th graders, and an afternoon session for incoming 6th through 8th graders.
- Morning session (3-5 grade): June 23rd through 26th, from 9am to 12pm
- Afternoon session (6-8 grade): June 22nd through 26th, from 1pm to 4pm
- Sammamish High School shop and engineering classrooms
- Students will be divided into small teams in order to build, program, and compete with Lego Mindstorms or VEX robots based on a challenge set by the Robototes. They will also participate in several other STEM-related activities and workshops that will help them complete their task. For more information, see last year's camp below.
- The suggested donation is $100, but we do not want the cost to prevent anyone from participating. More information will be sent out closer to the camp date, but we will be able to waive the cost if you need it.
If you're interested in signing up, please guarantee your spot here.
Please note that the camp is contingent upon Bellevue School District schools being open in June. If school is cancelled for the rest of the school year, we will be forced to cancel the camp . We will let all parents know if this turns out to be the case. Thank you for your understanding.
If you have any questions, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
2019 Summer Camp:
- Our 2019 summer camp included activities such as:
- Splitting into teams to build and program a robot to play a space-themed game!
- Using LEGOs to replicate designs
- Learning about programming and sensors
- Driving our competition robot
- Learning about the design process and different mechanisms to accomplish a task
For more information about last year's summer camp, including our LEGO game manual and introduction PowerPoint, please check our Outreach Resources section!